Send your resume to
• Research and evaluate various route options associated with the project. Research shall include aerial and underground options, existing customer conduit and other third party conduit.
• Recommend final route based on most economical solution and permitting agency’s recommendation.
• Develop base mapping and provide field engineering services required to prepare permit drawings, OSP construction drawings, and final as-built drawings in electronic GIS format
• Creation of base maps shall utilize source material such as tax maps, County/DOT roadway plans, building site plans, recorded plat maps, railroad survey maps, and other data.
• Research and incorporate permitting requirement from jurisdictional authorities (i.e., state, county, city, railroads, and others) into the OSP design
• Research includes existing customer records and records of other third party conduit
• Strong engineering skills
• Outside plant design for business-as-usual (BAU)
• Copper and Fiber design of Telecommunications Plant
• Working knowledge of aerial, buried cable and underground cable and conduit
• Obtaining of permits
• Minimum of 5 years of experience in the OSP Engineering field
• Basic computer communication skills
We provide a wide range of professional services
to our clients and are actively looking for talented people like you to join our team!
Fiber Optic Architect
Preferred Location: Louisville, Kentucky
The Fiber Architect will be responsible for the design and deployment of core networking infrastructure. Assess and design L2/L3 core networking infrastructure for a growing ISP. Manage the core network infrastructure team. Forecasting expansion and circuit design requirements. Engage in contract negotiations and pricing for carrier purchases and sales.
Knowledge in the following areas:
IPv4, IPv6, VLAN, NAT, QinQ, OSPF, iBGP, eBGP, route reflection, Multicast, MPLS/VPLS, ERPS/ ring topology protection, QOS, VOIP, Traffic engineering and design for multiple points of presence traffic efficiency metrics.
**Additional consideration will be given for those with certifications.
Functional and Technical Competencies:
Juniper / JUNOS **Preferred
Various Cisco style and other L2 switching CLI ‘s
Disaster recovery planning and failover testing
Open source, ONIE and white label switches/routers
PON architecture and OLT/ONT configuration and integration
Ability to train and communicate effectively with members of the infrastructure team.
Excellent verbal and written communication skills required.
Some travel required.
**Minimum 5 years as a lead architect or network engineer
How many years of BGP experience do you have?
How many years of Juniper experience do you have?
How many years of lead architect or network engineer experience do you have?
How many years of MPLS experience do you have?
How many years of Open Source experience do you have?
How many years of OSPF experience do you have?
Are you authorized to work in the following country: United States?
Are you willing to undergo a background check, in accordance with local law/regulations?